Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ah Friday...

It was a blast... I mean an utterly great time.

Mind you the train was about 30 minutes late arriving into Toronto but that was all that was hiccupy about the weekend away.

Alynxia and I met up, wandered off and grabbed a quick cup of coffee to get that mutual need taken care of. While sipping on our coffee we exchanged gifts, of which hers to me were a wonderful handknit fairisle hat, a vintage sock pattern book, a copy of Kaffe Fasset's "Glorious Knits", and a multitude of cupcake scents that didn't work on her. Have I said how much I love this knittress? ;)

My gifts to her included a variety of handmade stitch markers, organic Alpaca laceweight in two different colours from a local breeder, organic preserves, and much more.

After coffee we started on the yarn crawl.

The first was Americo , where we both were drooling over some gorgeous handmade Walnut knitting needles, and tonnes of Alpaca in numerous blends. I think we both had a few yarngasms.

The second stop on the yarn crawl was Romni where we literally crawled through all the stacks of yarn in the shop having yarngasm after yarngasm. I got my Cascade Eco Wool and needles for my Hemlock, a skein of Noro in a gorgeous green colourway, and three skeins of Romni brand thick and thin wool for a new scarf in a gradient stormy purply-blue colour way.

We then went for a lunch of sushi, over which much laughter was had over online conversations. We talked about current and upcoming projects and the such and continued to have a grande ole time.

Our last stop on the yarn crawl was the fabulous Lettuce Knit. OMFG!! It may be a small store but was covered in yarngasm worthy yarn. I picked up my first skeins of Socks That Rock, one in Korppi and the other in Jabberwocky, which will become either a pair of socks with turndown cuff or pair of gloves... I can't decide. I also snagged a copy of "The Eclectic Sole". Too many sock patterns I want to cast on!!

Our time together was drawing to an end however as the friend, whom we have sort of been testing the waters of seeing eachother as more than friends, was on his way to pick me up. He and I headed out to do some shopping and dinner and then relax for the evening.

Saturday morning we went out for brunch and then for some shopping of which I bought too much clothing and was tempted to buy even more if I had the money. Damn you for taking me to Zara.

We then went back home and changed for an evening out, which consisted of a dinner at a cozy little French restaurant, and then a performance of "The Sound of Music". Our seats were to die for. Literally. They were the best seats apart from front row.

Sunday I had to unfortunately head home Sunday morning due to having to work that afternoon but still had a great time away.

Next time in Toronto, will go back to Zara and get an outfit or two there... hopefully not more.

Pics to come of all the yarny goodness as soon as I can find the transfer cable for the camera... now where did I put that thing?

-D

1 comment:

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

Wow! Your weekend sounded like TOO much fun. I think The Sound of Music is the most romantic story ever!! I swoon every time Captain Von Trapp and Maria finally kiss in the moonlight!

My hemlock ring blanket is half done, and I can't think of a more enjoyable knit! I seriously love Cascade Eco wool and the pattern. I even have enough wool to knit two!