Saturday, January 24, 2009

A 26 hour day...


Call me crazy, but I thoroughly enjoyed this past Thursday. Yes even with it being a 26 hour day for me. 26 hours??? Yes. Why?? I was getting back into the realm of fashion by helping a good friend of mine style a TFCD (trade for cd) photoshoot starting right after finishing a night shift at work. Crazy. Yep that is me.




I just can't get over how great it is to work with people that have compatible energies, which was the case on Thursday. The model, hair and makeup, and photographer all synched well with myself and my friend the lead stylist. (I was just there more for assistance as some of the clothing pieces were rather large and heavy, as well as helping out with my perspective on things as a designer)


I also love the fact that the photographer works with only available light. And knew what he was doing! Too many times have I had the honour of working with a photographer that said they knew what they were doing when it came to available light use and the resulting images were horrible. Erwin Loewen however knows what he is doing.


The model, Kylie, was a gem to work with. A beautiful fresh face with the Ford agency, and who has done some pretty major campaign work, was a real delight to work with. Even if the shoot did include working with horses and longhorn cattle, she kept her cool.
Both Kylie and Erwin are wanting to work on some shoots more high fashion which is right up my alley. I would love to help them with this and will if it works out schedule wise, I just need to get sewing again!










1 comment:

Ann-Marie MacKay said...

those pictures are just gorgeous!
:)