Sunday, January 11, 2009

Does one still use the Urn of Osiris and doe blood for re-animating a cyber corpse?

*beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*
*beep.... beep............ beep....beep*

Alright I know, I know! It has been ages my darlings of design and I profusely apologize for it.

**awaits to have the cyber wooping of a lifetime**

Are you done yet?

Ok. Let's see.

Well when we last left this blog I had announced the winner of my contest and the names of the Norse Gods that I would be designing items for. Chris I am so sorry that your package has had a rough time of getting to you and don't know if the last time I was able to track it was the last anyone saw it. I am hoping that it makes it to you this time.

The items are still in the works people please keep in mind that this is not my full time job right now but I am trying my hardest to make these items absolutely perfect for public consumption before informing you all that they are ready for download on Ravelry.

What else?

Well the hotel I do work at for my means of employment finally did get sold near the end of September to a past owner. Much money is being invested in updating and upgrading the facilities which is a very good thing and very much needed. The last few months have been rather chaotic around here because of everything changing at ever turn one can make. More are on the way as well which I am hoping don't affect me all that much but one can never truly tell at this stage of the game.

What knit/crochet projects did I get done in the time from my last blog entry until now? A few. Not as many as what I had hoped, most got sent to Kermit in the frog pond. In amongst this time my digital camera literally melted in my hands when I was taking pictures of things to update my ravelry page and therefore all those pics of items were lost. What didn't help matters was some of them were gifts so I am going to have to get pictures sent to me! What I did manage to finish were:

200 Scarf, Crochet, for moi
War Wyvernns for moi
the year long socks for moi
a few other pairs of stockinette socks, for me and friends
a multitude of baby items

What am I still working on from 2008? Well...:

MS4
Vinnland socks
Bellatrix
Fire Wyvernns
Water Wyvernns
Pointed Plait socks
FLS
Hemlock Ring blanket in babyweight
a few pairs of mittens/gloves

There were more projects that I did start, but lost interest in/was not happy with the look of the items so off they went to visit Kermit.

I made a wonderful New Years resolution though to myself this year that I am sticking too fairly well so far. I am going to finish any and all things on the needles from 2008 first before I start into anything for 2009, of which will be Christmas items first and then personal. I know, guttsy of me isnt it?

Ok. I know some of you are going to comment about how brief I am being with the updates of things here but honestly, do you think I can remember it all? It has been over four months afterall! *giggle*

Now for the real design stuff that makes me feel a bit more complete. My designs.

"What are you working on now Dave??" you might ask. Well... I am working on a few bag designs and several other things which are going to be fixture components of my personal and home section of my design repertoire. Duvet covers, blankets, pillows, some furniture (another love of design of mine) are all being worked on. And I know I am starting to sound like Miss Violet of Lime & Violet fame but I have been like this for some my entire life when it comes to projects.

I have also done a couple of commissioned garments over the last few months and am still working on getting my clothing line designed and worked on when time permitts, which right now is not that often.

Enough of the babble and get to the bags! I know, I know. For now I am only going to say that I have the thoughts in my head as to what I want them to be like and have not actually worked on them yet in reality. One of the thoughts for them though is reclaiming materials, especially knitwear, for them. Afterall all we knitters know that it is horrible and scandalous when one can't repair their favourite sweater/blanket/scarf/hat due to too much damage and are not wishing to part with it. That bag thought is a bit of a challenge as do I put forth a call for said things for custom orders or do I scavenge at the Goodwill etc? Logistics I tell you.

And yes thoughts of opening an Etsy store are running through my head so who knows folks. The aforementioned bag idea may be a good thing. *readies to cower under pressure of orders*

Thank you all for being patient and not turning me into a puddle of gunk for not updating the last few months but I promise that things will go more smoothly now that I have revived the blog of my design loins.

I promise that once I have some prototypes started of the bags I will get pics, new camera, and post them for you all to see what I am concocting in this shaven little head of mine up here in snowy Stratford.

Toodles poodles!

D

No comments: