Monday, January 19, 2009

Eve of change...

On this, the eve of great change in the world powers and American Politics I want to take a moment and congratulate all those that I know in the United States. You have done something that has been long overdue, not only in my eyes but in the eyes of many world wide. I myself am not one for politics but truly think that the changes occurring tomorrow are for the better and that other wold powers could learn a thing or more (not just a thing of two) from what you all have helped create.

I raise my hat, my glass, my design tools and dpn's to you all and to your president elect!

***

I will also be undergoing some change here at work as well.

In February we will be starting a cycle of twelve hour shifts so I am going back to the full time nights for the time being but it is just for the interim. This schedule change will permit me to be able to get caught up on a multitude of knitting and design items backlogged in my brain, as well as get caught up with friends.

It also allows me to get back to helping friends out with photoshoots in terms of styling. In fact I have to do just such a thing later this week.



Now... I know I promised some pictures and they are on the way, as well as sample pics of a few design ideas floating in my head. I am thinking of calling the first sample bag the "Gweninator" for my good friend and fellow Canuck Gwen, of Lime & Violet production fame. I have already begun the fundamental work for these bag designs but reworking clothing items into accessories other than pillows, etc., can be a bit of a logistical nightmare at time.

In regards to the just mentioned sample I am a bit stuck though on lining choice/colour, as well as coordinating fabric choice/colour. I guess Friday morning will be spent at Fabricland, a home away from home.

Until next time, happy everything and congratulations for the start of change.

-D

1 comment:

theaudiochick said...

awwwwwww, I like it. The Gweninator!