Sunday, February 15, 2009

Clarification...

So as a few of you know I was supposed to have a visitor from down under for the month of March. I emphasis the "was" heavily here.

What you don't know is that this person and I do have a bit of a connection, that is all that you will get from me folks as I don't feel like burdening this entry with all that (if you want more info please ask me privately). This connection was supposed to be elaborated and fleshed out in person. When that discussion happened it was told to said person that I only felt comfortable with half of the time they were wanting to come for. I begrudgingly agreed to the full amount of time of four weeks due to the "get your money's worth" thing. Sad I know.

What most of you don't realize is that the amount of time this person would be alone while here is basically all the time. There is nothing to do here in Stratford in the winter. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. Zero. De rein. Need I go on? I will be at work, in a new job that is just about to start and will be working long days getting myself situated in said job. Add to that the fact that my place is very small (even for a one bedroom), family commitments, and other things, the only time that we would have together is when I am sleeping.

I don't see that fair to a guest, especially one that is wanting to pursue something further. I must admit that it was tempting. Deep down though I couldn't go on any longer pretending that things would get easier with it all and that there is nothing to worry about at all. I laid my feelings out to this person yet again earlier this week and said that I thought it best for him to cancel the trip as I do not see a future other than friendship with him.

Why am I writing this? Well I have been hit with harsh remarks from those that know him down under on Facebook and don't feel that they are justified. I do not like being called a user, a player, a manipulator, a jackass, a shithead and the lest goes on from there. Again I will say that if you have a problem with what I have done then message me privately and not post things publicly on my Facebook wall, be an adult.

Am I sorry for what I have done? Yes. He is a nice guy, and will make someone very happy soon however it just won't be me. We are in two different worlds and that would be one heck of a long distance relationship. I do love him yes, as a friend and friend only.

So for those that are pissed off about what I have done don't judge me and condemn me to derogatory names until you have thought long and hard yourself about it by putting yourself in my spot and coming to your own realization.

-D

No comments: