Sunday, August 10, 2008

IT BEGINS!!!

Well a little late I understand but it was a chaotic weekend here at work so please no snide remarks.

My first contest is truly finally open! I am so freaking excited about it!

In honor of opening the conest I am going to tell you some of the choices I have made towards the patterns, a bit of a spoiler if you will but not much of one as I will not be telling you what the pattern is going to contain or to which God/goddess it is going to be linked to. Naughty of me I know! (insert devil horns here)

Here is what I have in mind.

- a cowl scarf
-weekend boot socks
-a few hats
-a bag/satchel
-lap blanket/baby afghan
-a belt

Feel free to be confuddled when thinking about which God/goddess could be linked to which potential design.

I am not going to go into details at all about color choices, yarn choices, or even stitch patterns as the patterns are still in the works and once the winner is named I will be doing my mock ups. Besides I like to think of patterns as I do with recipes, the ingredients are merely guidelines. I could say that I am going to use the most expensive yarns around but honestly, who wants to do that all the time? I like to use what I have and let you know that and let you see what you want to make the items in in the weights of yarn.

Now for the real fun bit. Your comments!

Now don't give me any of that attitude. This contest is for you all afterall. I want all your comments to include the following:

-preffered item from above
-which God/goddess you would like me to place said item above with
-and last but not least the color/s you would like to see it in

Keep voting and making your comments.

-D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I first? Cool. I would like a messanger bag based on Sol in golds, browns, and rusts.

kaythxbye!

Anonymous said...

I would love to see a bag for Rynkar With some brown/ golden- brown color. Maybe some Dark green and some creme, parchment colored.

Anyway thats my offering. :)

Anonymous said...

While not exactly a god.... I would love to see a 12x18" felted messenger bag with Buddha in gold/tan on a orange and blue mandala behind him and colorwork border as a frame. Whew. That would be rockin' awesome. PS, I'm having a contest right now too, so you can go enter mine now! Squee!

Anonymous said...

I would like to see a felted bag, inspired by Jord, in graduated shades of green -- light to dark, top to bottom.

Vtknitboy said...

oh! sol lap blanket. earthy green. yum!